Walking Away

Walking Away

Monday 31 October 2011

The Hour

Next March I'm not giving the hour back without a fight. My body clock does not appreciate this hourly tweak every six months. We gain an hour then we lose an hour then we gain it back...its like yo- yo dieting except it's our body clock thats gaining or losing. It will take me at least a week before I feel normal again.

Driving home in the dark is depressing and later on when I go to work in the dark and return in the dark I will want to hibernate like a bear or a tortoise. I will want to go to bed at 8pm and refuse to believe it's time to get up at 6.45am when its pitch black. I work in an area which has no windows so some days, unless I go looking for natural daylight at lunchtime, all I will see is the artificial light or natural darkness.

Did I use the extra hour for good use? Yes I had an extra hour in bed, then felt guilty that maybe I should have done something creatively. Next March I won't have to worry about that aspect because the hour will be taken from us. I'll be wondering where it's gone and will it be back next October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I like

  • Writing
  • Wit
  • Voltaire's Candide
  • Theatre
  • Shoes
  • Reading
  • Music
  • Laughter
  • Coleslaw
  • Cheese